Following the Grenfell Tower fire, the government’s Social Housing Green Paper highlighted the need to rebalance the relationship between social landlords and their customers and give customers a stronger voice.
The National Housing Federation responded by holding a series of events across the country, to create Together with Tenants. As an official adopter of the Together with Tenants campaign, we have been working closely with customers, and other social landlords, to deliver the four point action plan, and the Together with Tenants Charter.
What's in the plan?
- A new requirement in the National Housing Federation Code of Governance for boards to be accountable to residents.
- A new Together with Tenants Charter.
- Resident oversight and reporting of progress against the charter.
- Giving residents a stronger collective voice with the regulator.
The Charter sets out six commitments to our customers.
Each year we will:
- Carry out an annual survey asking you how you think we are doing against the commitments set out in the charter.
- Report the results of the survey to InFocus our customer scrutiny group.
- Ask InFocus to review and grade our performance against the Together with Tenants charter.
- Share the gradings and a full annual report with all customers using a variety of different methods:
- Social media
- Provide an annual update to our board