As you may know the government is currently rolling out coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccines across the UK.
We understand that there is great deal of information available about the vaccines and it is a personal choice whether you choose to be vaccinated.
When researching information about the vaccination programme try to use genuine and trustworthy sites to get your information, as not everything you see online is true.
We are encouraging our colleagues to be vaccinated and also wanted to share with you some helpful information to answer some key questions you might have about the vaccine, to help you make your decision:
- NHS - What is the coronavirus vaccine?
- BBC - Is the Covid-19 vaccine safe?
- UK Government - Who are the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)?
- The British Medical Journal (BMJ) - Coronavirus information hub
- Should I be vaccinated if I have allergies?
There are currently three different types of approved vaccines in the UK, these are:
- Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 approved by MHRA
- Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine for COVID-19 approved by MHRA
- Moderna vaccine for COVID-19 approved by MHRA
This video starring high profile stars from different ethnic minority backgrounds has been broadcast on television.
Among the familiar faces were singer Beverly Knight, comedian Romesh Ranganathan, and England cricket player Moeen Ali.
Sir Elton John and Sir Michael Caine have recently been vaccinated by the NHS and found it easy and safe. Watch the video from NHS England and NHS Improvement below to find out more.
We hope you are keeping safe and well during these difficult times, you can keep up to date with all of our coronavirus updates here.