1. We undertake an annual service and inspection of all solid fuel appliances.
2. All homes with solid fuel appliances will be provided with appropriate CO alarm protection.
3. Where solid fuel appliances have been condemned or decommissioned as part of the service, we will ensure that a permanent block up or removal of the appliance is completed in a timely manner.
4. We will not grant permission for residents to install new solid fuel appliances or to install solid fuel burning appliances. This decision is based on both safety and environmental grounds.
5. We will not provide retrospective permission for the installation of solid fuel appliances and will ensure prompt removal of the appliance.
6. Our standard is to remove solid fuel appliances and open fires where possible. This decision is based on both safety and environmental grounds. Where solid fuel appliances are removed and where this is the primary source of heating for existing residents, we will ensure that the property is provided with an appropriate heating system balancing warmth, environmental impact and customer affordability.
7. Solid fuel appliances are always decommissioned during void works as standard. Heating will be upgraded where the appliance is the primary source of heating.