We understand during this time you may need extra support. Find out how about how a grant could help.
If you are a LiveWest customer who is struggling to afford costs as a result of changes in your circumstances, we may be able to help you by signposting you to our teams or through a grant.
To asses eligibility we will discuss your financial circumstances and may require you to prove you are without savings or with £500 or less of disposable income.
Areas where we can help
- helping vulnerable people who are struggling to access food
- loss of income and struggling with day to day costs (food and utilities)
- one off costs for white goods
- digital and social inclusion
- providing support and advice related to benefits
- working with partner agencies.
Support will normally be under a value of £200 and paid directly to suppliers.
Please note a grant cannot be used to pay rent or service charges. If you are worried about paying your rent, please contact us. We will work with you to understand how we can help and can be flexible about collecting rent where that would make a difference.
You can also call our dedicated duty lines if you need support in making an application.
Call our teams on:
Somerset and West of England Duty Line: 01934 526444
Devon and Cornwall Duty Line: 01392 302444.
We recognise that during this extraordinary time, you may need some extra help and support.
To focus our resources, our usual grant programmes are currently on hold and we are focusing on two key areas:
- Crisis and hardship grants - for our customers who are financially struggling as a result of coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Supporting communities - in response to coronavirus (Covid-19).
How our grants have helped our communities Read more
We are proud to have given over £110,000 of emergency grants to support customers and communities in the region affected by the impact of Covid-19.
With Covid-19 putting a strain on finances, we have demonstrated support for customers through our Crisis and Hardship grants.
How our digital inclusion grants have helped our customers to stay connected to others during the coronavirus pandemic.
This crisis and hardship grant has helped customers to cover the cost of items like moving fees, essential furniture and travel.