We understand during this time you may need extra support. Find out how a grant could help you and how to apply.
To focus our resources, our usual grant programmes are currently on hold and we are focusing on two key areas:
- Crisis and hardship grants - for our customers who are financially struggling as a result of coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Supporting communities - in response to coronavirus (Covid-19).
Crisis and hardship grants
If you are a LiveWest customer who is struggling to afford costs as a result of changes in your circumstances, we may be able to help you by signposting you to our teams or through a grant.
To asses eligibility we will discuss your financial circumstances and may require you to prove you are without savings or with £500 or less of disposable income.
- helping vulnerable people who are struggling to access food
- loss of income and struggling with day to day costs (food and utilities)
- one off costs for white goods
- digital and social inclusion
- providing support and advice related to benefits
- working with partner agencies.
Support will normally be under a value of £200 and paid directly to suppliers.
Please note a grant cannot be used to pay rent or service charges. If you are worried about paying your rent, please contact us. We will work with you to understand how we can help and can be flexible about collecting rent where that would make a difference.
You can also call our dedicated duty lines if you need support in making an application.
Somerset and West of England Duty Line: 01934 526444
Devon and Cornwall Duty Line: 01392 302444.
You can apply for a crisis and hardship grant below.
We have now been given a green light to reinstate wider community support. Initially until the end of September 2020, we want to focus this on a few key areas of activity:
- Supporting groups who are addressing holiday hunger and access to food
- Supporting work that is directly providing support or activities for young people
- Supporting resident led Community Pride initiatives including gardening projects
We want to fund specific things that need support to continue their work or do more of what they are doing. It is vital that our residents are involved or directly targeted as beneficiaries.
We will not be funding community fun days or activities/events which encourage mass gatherings and we expect people to demonstrate their consideration of social distancing requirements.
We want to help local groups who are supporting their communities to stay resilient during coronavirus.
Our funding can help groups who are supporting LiveWest customers during this time.
Before applying, please read these guidance notes.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org - you can download the application form below.
How our grants have helped our communities Read more
Our strong financial performance over the 12 months has seen us invest £167m in building new homes as part of our plans to spend £2billion in the local economy over the next 10 years.
A girl from Totnes who suffers with cystic fibrosis has been given a dream gift thanks to our grants programme
As part of our community support for residents, we have stepped in to help a food project in Exeter who cater for families in need.
We are proud to have given over £110,000 of emergency grants to support customers and communities in the region affected by the impact of Covid-19.