About the programme
We know that young people are passionate about the environment and are keen to lead the way in finding new solutions to the challenges our communities face. We have therefore come together as a Green Consortium of eight Housing Associations in partnership with Backyard Nature to explore how we can help young people to lead the way in campaigning for a greener future.
With funding from #iwill and The National Lottery Community Fund, we are delivering a 12-month programme of Environmental Youth Social Action and we need a Green Youth Board to help shape it.
What is the Green Board all about?
We are looking for passionate and innovative young environmental revolutionaries to join our first Housing Green Youth Board. We want you to support us in shaping our approaches to outdoor spaces in communities and work to engage the rest of your community in campaigning for change.
Would you like to…
- Take part in green residentials? (coming together with other young people to debate solutions to the challenges our communities face).
- Run your own environmental social action projects?
- Have a say on how the housing sector can build greener communities?
- Meet other young people and work together to influence high profile organisations?
If you answered yes to the above, this is the project for you!
The programme will support you to bring your own ideas to life as well as building your knowledge base and giving you the opportunity to meet and share learning with other young activists.
All expenses are covered.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who can commit to one 2-hour meeting per month (online) and meeting with two residentials over 12 months (face to face).
- Someone who would like to share their ideas with other young people.
- Someone who wants to develop new skills in communication, campaigning and project management.
- Someone who is passionate about the environment.
For more information, click here.
Still interested? Apply below!
Please submit your answers to the following questions to express your interest in becoming a member of the Green Youth Board. Please also send your answers to email@example.com
Once your application is received, a member of the team will contact you to arrange an informal meeting and find out a bit more about you.
Please note all Green Youth Board members should be aged 16-25 years old.
We want you to use your individual skills and creativity to provide a response to the following questions. We are open to video, written or arty applications, but please make sure you express your answers as best you can.