My Home contents insurance scheme

Please note that personal contents are not covered under our insurance, we recommend that you take out your own contents insurance. We can help you get home contents insurance easily and at a price that's affordable, as we all know things sometimes go wrong when we least expect them to.

With a scheme called My Home (arranged in partnership with the National Housing Federation for our customers), you can protect your belongings and gain peace of mind, knowing that if the unexpected happens you have insurance cover.

Taking out an insurance policy can cover loss or damage to your belongings by fire, theft or water. Insurance can also cover interior decoration within the home and broken glass which we do not replace. If a pipe bursts, we will normally only be responsible for repairing the burst pipe and not for any damage to your belongings or interior decoration. 

My Home contents insurance offers:

  • Flexible regular pay-as-you-go payment options.
  • A no-fuss, quick and easy application process, either by post or over the phone.
  • No excess which means you don’t pay the first part of the claim.
  • Cover against theft, water and fire damage and damage to internal decorations.
  • Cover against accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and washbasins.
  • Cover for external glazing which you are legally responsible for.
  • Cover for lost or stolen keys and also freezer contents.

With My Home, you can protect your belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens.

Visit the My Home website to find out more or call 0345 337 2463 or 01628 586 189.

*Please note My Home is just one example of a contents insurance provider. Other alternatives are available.