Updated on 26 March 2020
Following the government advice published on 23 March 2020 our repairs service is now restricted to emergency safety repairs. You can read our update here.
Where we need to complete an emergency repair, we will work with you to do this in a safe way. Firstly, we will try to resolve your issue over the telephone. If this is not possible then we will arrange to visit you. Depending on the type of repair we may have to wear masks and gloves. This is to protect you and our teams.
If you have an emergency repair appointment arranged and you, or a member of your family, is unwell then you must let us know, so we can keep you and our teams safe. You should also let us know if anyone in your home has been unwell within the last 14 days. We have put in place special arrangements so that the repair can be completed safely.
You can find a list of the repairs we can complete below:
- CO Alarm Activation
- Fire Alarm Activation
- Personal alarm Defect
- Smoke Alarm Defect
- Emergency Gain Access
- Window Glass Replacement / Board Up – We will carry out a risk assessment generally carry out board up to ground floor windows only to make property safe.
- Investigating and remedying total loss of power.
- Dangerous electrics
- Loss of Heating no other source of heating
- No Water
- Faulty sinks, basins, taps, leaks and general plumbing where there is a substantial water leak and the water cannot be contained.
- Blocked drains, sinks, toilets, baths and showers as a result of faulty pipework and where other / alternative facilities are not available.
- High priority works arising from Fire Risk Assessment
Urgent safety repairs
- Serious roof leak
- Loose broken guttering and downpipes – make safe
- Meter cupboard keys (communal)
- Meter cupboard doors and covers (where safety issue)
- Paths for primary access to property (only where significant safety issue)
- Brick and stone garden walls - make safe
- Fencing – make safe
- Faulty sinks, basins, taps, general plumbing
- Blocked drains, sinks, toilets, baths and showers as a result of faulty pipework and where other / alternative facilities are available)
- Remedying faulty radiators
- Recurrence of issue with re-lighting and re-pressurising gas / oil boilers
- Toilet structure (pan, cistern and pipework)
- Faulty wiring and light fittings
- Electrical sockets
- Wet room shower pumps
- Mains-fed security lighting repair and replacement (excluding bulbs)
- Carbon monoxide alarms
- Smoke and/or heat alarms
- Electric, mains-fed showers and shower units
- Repairs to extractor fan
- TV aerials and satellite dishes- no signal (communal)
- Security lighting (communal)
- CCTV cameras (communal)
- Medium priority works arising from Fire Risk Assessment
- Internal fire doors
- Front and back doors / frames
- Floor structure – Health and Safety Issue
- Ceiling structure – Health and Safety Issue
- Window handles, locks and restrictors
- Board / brick up fireplace flue
- Eradication of pest infestation – rodents where safety issue