We think all repairs are important, and sometimes we need to prioritise emergency repairs for our customers.
If you have a repair that could result in a serious injury or severe property damage you should report your repair immediately on 0300 123 8080 if you're in Devon and Cornwall or 01934 526 000 if you're in Somerset and West of England. We will carry out your repair within 24 hours. For emergency repairs our priority is to make the situation safe.
Emergency repairs are usually:
• Severe roof leaks
• Burst pipes/loss of water
• Blocked drains
• Blockage of your only toilet - this is a rechargeable item
• Total loss of electrical power or light
• Loss of heating in cold weather where there is no other form of heating available
• Loss of immersion heater if this is the only source of hot water.
Our repairs service may carry out an assessment first of all and then arrange an additional appointment to complete your repair.
If we need to complete some further work after we have completed an emergency repair in your home we will aim to do this as quickly as possible. We will aim to do this as quickly as possible. Sometimes we may need to charge you if your repair is subsequently found not to be an emergency. We will always explain our charges and give you more information.